Thursday, March 31, 2011

SMART Exchange - Tic Tac Toe

One of my favorite lessons that I have found on SMART Exchange has always been the Jeopardy template. I had teachers who used it when I was in high school and I used it myself when I was student teaching. I found another template similar to it when I was student teaching. Instead of modeling Jeopardy, it models the game "tic tac toe".

I think tic tac toe works as a quicker review than Jeopardy does. It is a shorter game and there can only be two teams. For this reason, it works well with smaller groups. However, it is still a very fun and effective review. Each spot on the tic tac toe board represents a review question. One group gets to choose a question on the board. They have the opportunity to answer the question first. If they answer correct, they get to put their "x" or "o" in that place. If they get it wrong, the other group has a chance to steal that space. If both groups get it wrong, the space stays vacant and the next group picks a question.

It is a very easy template to work with. It is similar to the Jeopardy template, if anyone has used that before. The only preparation you need to do after downloading the template is changing the questions. Everything else you need is right there for you.

The lesson template can be found at:
http://exchange.smarttech.com/details.html?id=f13d808d-b65e-495e-9bbe-184d25498be4

No comments:

Post a Comment